Use this utility to modify a report before you insert it on to your drawing as a ruled text table.
Click the Edit Mode button on any of the report dialog boxes (such as Schematic Bill of Materials).
Note: Different options are available depending on which type of report you are editing.
Indicates to add new lines above or below the selected line, or as a sub-assembly of the selected line.
- Add from Catalog: Opens a subdialog box for selecting which catalog lookup table to open. From this catalog table, you can select a part to add to the report.
- Add New: Creates a new report line entry. Enter the values in the input boxes and click OK.
- Add Copy: Creates a copy of the selected line entry. Modify the values in the input boxes and click OK.
Edit or Delete lines
- Edit: Opens a subdialog box for editing the values for the selected line.
- Delete: Removes the selected line from the report.
If you do not select all of the lines that make up a single entry, AutoCAD Electrical automatically deletes all the report lines that make up that entire entry. However, if the report contains sub-assembly items, they are not deleted when the main entry is deleted.
Re-orders the lines with the Sort, Move Up, Move Down, Move to Top, and Move to Bottom buttons.
- Move Up: Moves the currently selected line(s) up one place in the report.
- Move Down: Moves the currently selected line(s) down one place in the report.
- Move to Top: Moves the currently selected line(s) to the top of the report.
- Move to Bottom: Moves the currently selected line(s) to the bottom of the report.
- Smart Swap: Swaps "*1" with "*2" values in all selected lines. For example, in the Wire From/To report there may be field names LOC1 and LOC2. LOC1 is the location code for the component at one end of the wire and LOC2 is the location code for the component at the other end. This feature swaps the values of these fields.