You can open a non-workshared or workshared model that has been transmitted using eTransmit.
Important: You do not need to have the eTransmit for Autodesk Revit 2015 add-in installed to open a transmitted model.
Open a Non-Workshared Model
If you open a non-workshared transmitted Revit model, it opens directly in Revit.
Open a Workshared Model
If you open a transmitted Revit model that is workshared, you are prompted to save the model locally or to Central.
- Open the transmitted Revit host model (workshared).
The Transmitted model dialog displays.
- Select one of the following options:
- Save this model as a central model in its current location: You will not see this message again, and users will be able to create local models from the central model.
- Work with this model temporarily: You will see this message again when you re-open or save the model. Users will not be able to create local models until this model is saved as a central model. Use this option if you want to move the files to a different location before saving as a central model.
- Cancel: Closes the dialog and does not open the model. You will see this message again when you re-open the model.