Follow this workflow to package a Revit model for transmission.
- Ensure that all models are closed. On the eTransmit panel of the Add-Ins tab, click Transmit a Model.
- Select the model, a target directory, and file types to transmit.
- Optional: Select to open and save models in the active version of Revit (upgrade).
- Optional: If upgrading, select to purge unused families and other Revit objects.
- eTransmit for Autodesk Revit 2015 inspects the model, and repaths and saves all linked files and external files in the target directory. If the options were selected, the files are also upgraded and unused objects are purged before the files are saved to the target directory.
- Optional: Open the transmitted model in the target directory to validate transmission.
- Send the model by e-mail, FTP, or another method.
- The recipient opens the transmitted model.
- For a workshared model, the recipient selects an option in the Transmitted model dialog.