At the Command prompt, creates one or more DGN files from the current drawing.
The following prompts are displayed.
Tip: Create a script using -DGNEXPORT to batch process exporting drawings to DGN files.
- DGN file format
Specifies the file format of the DGN file being exported (DGN V7 or V8).
- Filename for DGN export
Specifies the path and name of the DGN file. The file name can include up to 255 characters and contain letters, digits, spaces, and any special characters not used by Microsoft Windows or this program.
To avoid errors when entering a file name, it is recommended that you specify both the DGN file and path as follows:
- Specify conversion units
Specifies a drawing-units value for scaling the DGN file. Select the appropriate conversion units for the translation. The DGN seed file contains working units (imperial or metric) called master units and sub-units. One DWG unit is converted to either one master unit or one sub-unit.
- Master. Specifies that one master DWG drawing unit (such as feet) will convert to one master unit of the specified DGN seed file.
- Sub. Specifies that one sub-unit in the DWG drawing (such as inches) will convert to one sub-unit of the specified DGN seed file.
- Specify mapping setup
Specifies how design model properties will be translated, or mapped, to the DGN file.
- Mapping setup. Specifies the default mapping setup, which extracts data from the drawing being exported and applies an automatic mapping to DGN layers, linetypes, lineweights, and colors.
- ?. Prompts you to enter a filter (using * as a wildcard character) to display a list of available export mapping setups that match the filter.
- Specify seed file
Specifies the path and name of a seed file.
- Seed file. Specifies a path and name of a seed file to use.
- ?. Prompts you to enter a filter (using * as a wildcard character) to display a list of available seed files that match the filter.