Creates curves on surfaces and 3D solids.
Creates curves, typically in the U and V directions, on a surface, a 3D solid, or a face on a 3D solid.
The curves can be a lines, polylines, arcs, or splines based depending on the shape of the surface or 3D solid.
The following prompts are displayed.
- Select a Surface, Solid, or Face
- Select a surface, 3D solid, or face of a 3D solid.
- Select point on surface or [Chain/Direction/Spline points]
- Click to extract curves, or choose an option. By default, isoline curves in the U direction are selected.
- Displays isolines across adjacent faces if the faces are parameterized in the same direction.
- Change the tracking direction (U or V) of isoline curve extraction.
- Spline Points
- Dynamically tracks in both U and V directions to create a spline that passes through all specified points on the surface.