Create a parallel surface or solid by setting an offset distance from a surface.
With SURFOFFSET, you specify the offset distance and whether or not the offset surface maintains associativity with the original surface. You can also specify the offset distance with a mathematical expression.
When you offset a surface, you can do the following:
- Change the offset direction with the Flip option
- Offset in both directions to create two new surfaces
- Create a solid between the offset surfaces
- If you are offsetting more than one surface, you can specify whether the offset surfaces remain connected.
- Enter an expression that will constrain the distance of the offset surface to the original surface. This option is only available if associativity is on.