Data from lookup tables (CSV files) is stored within the family. Use the Manage Lookup Tables command while editing a family to import, export, or delete a lookup table.
To manage lookup tables
- In the Family Editor, click Create tabProperties panel (Family Types).
- Under Lookup Tables, click Manage.
To import a lookup table
- In the Manage Lookup Tables dialog, click Import.
- In the Select File dialog, select a lookup table. Click OK.
To export a lookup table
- In the Manage Lookup Tables dialog, click Export.
- In the Save As dialog, select a location for the lookup table. Click Open.
To delete a lookup table
- In the Manage Lookup Tables dialog, select a lookup table and click Delete.
Note: A warning displays if you attempt to delete a lookup table that is being referenced by the parameters in a formula. Click Show details to see a list of the parameters. Click Delete Anyway to continue.
Note: When you upgrade a project with a family that uses a lookup table which is not in the default lookup table folder, a warning displays indicating that one or more CSV files used by the size_lookup function are missing. Click Export to export a list of the missing files. You may also see this dialog when you open a project from another user that uses different CSV tables for a family.