Surface modeling is a process that may require conversions between different 3D modeling types.
The typical surface modeling workflow is to:
- Create a model that combines 3D solids, surfaces, and mesh objects.
- Convert the model to procedural surfaces to take advantage of associative modeling.
- Convert the procedural surfaces to NURBS surfaces with CONVTONURBS to take advantage of NURBS editing.
- Check for imperfections and wrinkles with the surface analysis tools.
- If necessary, rebuild the surfaces to restore smoothness with CVREBUILD.