- In the Check Spelling dialog box, under Where to check, select an option.
- To include block attributes, dimension text, and external references:
- Click Settings.
- In the Check Spelling Settings dialog box, check the desired types of objects.
- To switch dictionaries:
- Click Dictionaries.
- To change the main dictionary, select a dictionary from the Current Main Dictionary list.
- To change the custom dictionary, select a dictionary under Current Custom Dictionary.
- Click Start.
one of the following:
- To correct a word, select an alternate word from the Suggestions list or type a word in the Suggestions box. Click Change or Change All.
- To leave a word unchanged, click Ignore or Ignore All.
- To leave a word unchanged and add it to the dictionary, click Add to Dictionary.
- Repeat for each misspelled word. Click Close to exit.
Note: Click Undo to reverse the preceding Check Spelling action or series of actions in the Check Spelling dialog box.
Add a Custom Dictionary or Word List
- In the Check Spelling dialog box, click Dictionaries.
- In the Dictionaries dialog box, in the Current Custom dictionary list, select Manage Custom Dictionaries.
- In the Custom Dictionaries list, click Add and browse to the dictionary’s location. To create a custom dictionary, click New and enter the dictionary’s name. The
.cus extension is added automatically.
- Click OK.
The newly selected dictionary is highlighted as the current custom dictionary.
- To import a word list into your custom dictionary, click Import.
Note: The file should be a plain text file containing the list of words.
- Click OK.