How to use preset or custom Suite workflows to transfer your drawing settings from one product to another.
Run a Suite Workflow Without Changing Settings
- Click Suite Workflows the workflow you want to use.
- On the Workflow dialog, click Run to launch the workflow and send the model to 3ds Max or Showcase.
Create a Custom Workflow
You can create a workflow based on one of the preset workflows supplied by Autodesk, or based on a custom workflow. After you identify workflows that demonstrate best practices, share them with other team members to support consistent processes.
- Open Workflow Manager using one of these methods:
- In Workflow Manager, right-click the workflow to use as a template for your custom workflow Duplicate. The new workflow is added to the list, with a digit (1) appended to the name.
- Select the new workflow and click Settings.
- In the Workflow Settings Editor, modify any workflow settings as required.
- Click Save As.
- In the Save Workflow Settings dialog, enter a unique name and description for the new workflow. Click Save.
Share a Custom Workflow
- At the top of the Workflow Settings Editor, click Information.
- In the About section, the Source entry shows the path to the new workflow and other custom workflows.
The default location is C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/Workflows
- Right-click the Source entry Select All.
- Right-click the highlighted Source entry Copy.
- Paste the Source path in a convenient location for adding to an email, or otherwise communicating to your team members. They will need to place the workflow in the comparable locations on their computers.
- Navigate to the Source directory and copy the new workflow for distribution to your team.